Saturday 15 April 2017

Circular No 806












Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 15 April 2017 No. 806
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Emails below.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Enrique Castells <enriquecastells@idasa.com.do>
6 Apr (3 days ago)
Dear Ladislao,
Attached please find a one page summary of my life after Mount Saint Benedict.
I have read many of your circulars and every time I do it reminds me of those 7 years of fun, games and studies.
So many stories I carry with me about that period of my life.
The summary is just so we can get in touch with the Mount boys that were with me in that period.
I’ll be in Miami next week, I’d like to see if I can get in touch with some of the mount boys and get an MSB family reunion.
Hope you have a very nice Easter. I’ll call you from Miami.
Regards,
Enrique
Life after Mount Saint Benedict (MSB)
Born in the Philippines.
Moved to Venezuela when I was 5 years old. Went to MSB when I was 10 years old. Student at MSB from 9/56 – 11/62.
After MSB
Family
1969- 1st Marriage – 2 kids (Girl and Boy).
1979- Divorced and remarried 2nd time.
1985- Birth 3rd son.
2000- Divorced from 2nd wife.
2011 – 3rd Marriage and happily ever.
Education and Jobs
Moved to Miami, graduated from University of Florida, Gainesville, Fl., in 1969 as a Chemical Engineer.
1969-1975 – 1st job in Benton, Arkansas, USA with Alcoa.
1975-1980 – 2nd Job – Venalum, Venezuela – In charge of the construction of the largest aluminum smelter built at one stage.
1981 - Attended Harvard University for ‘’The Advanced Management Program (AMP)’’
1984-1988 – President of Venalum  
1980-1981 – Alcaven – Aluminum Extrusion Co.
1982-2010 – Worldwide Aluminum Consultant.
2011-Present – President of International Dominican Aluminum (IDA). - Aluminum Extrusion Company in the Dominican Republic.
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Now here is a newcomer to the Circulars, please read on.
From: "Ian Rodrigues" <rodrigues_id@hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Jun 11:51 (PDT)
Hi Laszlo,
Thank you for your reply.
I attended MSB back in the year 1948 when I was a seminarian at St. John Vianney.
The main reason was to catch up on my Latin for in those days that was the language of the church.
Most of my schooling was done in Guyana where I graduated from high school.
During my time at the Mount some of my classmates were Osmond Gomes (since dec'd), Fr Vincent Compton, Bernard Gomes, Cecil DaSilva. Just to name a few.
A lot of my contemporaries I have lost touch with for obvious reasons.
There is a Latin phrase that describes it adequately, i.e., Tempus Fugit.
However, there are memories of the school that will live on forever and I thank God for them, and the many good priests that laboured to make us the men we are today.
I am retired after many years as a lawyer in my own practice and still find time to volunteer in ministry during the winter in the Caribbean.
Thank God for that!  So much for me and my escapades.
God bless you and your family.
Keep up the good work you are doing!
Ian
(Does anyone know the whereabouts of those named by Ian???  EDITOR)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 17:17:46 -0400, "Ian Rodrigues" wrote:
Laszlo,
I want to take this opportunity to commend and congratulate you on the time and effort you have spent on sending us the MSB circulars.
I hope you continue even though it must take quite a bit of your time.
God Bless you!
Ian
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Ian Rodrigues" <rodrigues_id@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fr. Francis Friesen, OSB
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 10:46:29 -0400
Lad, thank you for your reply.
No, Fr. Francis did not contact me, neither did I get in touch with him, since my mail to him was refused and there it stands.
God bless!
Ian
-------------------------------------------------------------------
To: ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Fr. Francis Friesen,OSB
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:33:12 -0400
My friend.
I took it right from the bulletin as you suggest; but it did not work.
I would appreciate any help you could give me for I would like to get in touch with him. Thanks a whole lot.
God bless!
Ian
----------------------------------------------------------------------
To: rodrigues_id@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Fr. Francis Friesen,OSB
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:10:32 +0000
Dear Ian,
The email address is as shown in the Circular.
It has been copied direct form the answers I received.
Maybe you should add, Fr. Francis Friesen??
If you cannot get through I can FW.
God Bless
Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com
Subject: Fr. Francis Friesen,OSB
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 20:42:36 -0400
Dear Ladislao,
Can you please confirm for me the address via e-mail for Fr. Francis in Holland?
I wrote him a letter but it was returned to me.
The address I used was the one shown in the bulletin.
It was shown as: berchmanianum@wxs.nl.
Thank you very much
Ian Rodrigues
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
WhatsAp
11-02-2017 : Ese roti me jodio toda la noche
11-02-2017 : Los hermanos Garcia que eran de zaraza.
11-02-2017 Moffie Edgar: Correccion CARABAŇO..ese mismo ee gusto en saber de ti.....en lo que tenga chance lee envio fotos......por alli en mi perfil individual debe haber una: Correcto Carlos Carabano.....
11-02-2017 13:46:01: +1 (337) 412-8751: It is always a great pleasure to visit with the old boys from Mount.: Who remembers Alfredo y Mario Domingues. los llamabamos Conejito.
11-02-2017 13:48:37: M Moffie Edgar: Salvador and Enrique, if the roti messed you up.....is because you did not used good Trinidad Curry.....
11-02-2017 13:49:22: +1 (809) 223-5417: Una vez Carlos estaba bateando y el catcher lanzó a tercera y se la metió a Carlos en la cara...jajajajajaja
11-02-2017 13:49:30: +1 (337) 412-8751: I did not have a problem. I swallowed mine. Jajajaja
11-02-2017 13:50:40: M Moffie Edgar: Sure boy they used to lime with Snoopy and Luis Silva......
11-02-2017 13:51:26: +1 (337) 412-8751: El que esta bien y viviendo en maracaibo es Guillermo Rivera , lo llamabamos (Trotu).: Frank trotu vivia cerca de tu casa.: en caracas: Como estan tus padres frank?
11-02-2017 13:53:20: M Moffie Edgar: Ian ......can you tell us about the Ramlogan brothers???...... from.the hotel down in Tunapuna...: The Scarlet Ibis hotel.: Sarkis Farchahk esta en florida cerca de mi hermano Pedro.
11-02-2017 : Sí Trotú vivía cerca de casa y nos veíamos a siempre. Mis padres fallecieron hace ya algún tiempo Cómo está Pedro, recuerdo cuando me quedé unos días en tu casa: Mi sentido pesame lo siento.: Gracias!
11-02-2017 : si . pedro esta muy bien y viviendo en St Petersbourg florida . Ya tiene un nieto
11-02-2017 : Si me acuerdo cuando pasates ese fin de semana con nosotros en cumana y luego fuistes a pasar unos dias con mis primos en cantaura.
11-02-2017 : Sal send me a roti nah: Hey Kevin how is Kamal
11-02-2017 Moffie Edgar: Azizul Mohamed???......this is Edgar Moffie....brother long time I don't hear about you....
11-02-2017 How u doing my brother long long time I am always in touch with Salvador I live in New Jersey. How about u
11-02-2017 15:40:52: Mt Ramsahai 99Winston: Sal ask for a Red Solo and roti ..... :: Kelvin nice to connect: Zul what's the name of our professor in San Diego
11-02-2017 15:46:43: M Moffie Edgar: That's what I notice.....but did'nt know you were living in usa.....good for you congratulations.....tell me what are you doing....I got retired two years now with five years in the main oil company PDVSA after they expropiated Exterran formal Co from Houston in Venezuela...I was in Exterran for 15 years handling logistics and custom duties for his company in Venezuela....well as you see hanging in there...if it wouldn't be for crisis.:: Thanks brother....
11-02-2017 17:27:39: She is from Tunapuna.
11-02-2017: Mt Ramsahai Winston: Victor nice to connect most of us trying to retire ...... this may be our last bang to reconnect ASAA
11-02-2017 : Hey Vic how u? Long time
11-02-2017: Mt Ramsahai Winston: Aziz any contact for Krishna Toolsie and Skippy:: Hudson Glen And Garner brothers
11-02-2017 : I saw Krishna  was on earlier
11-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Ok any contact with the guys from Canada: Jimmy should be connected soon
11-02-2017 : No I am only in contact with Gangie up here
11-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: That's nice let's keep in touch: From Peter Tang
11-02-2017 : Thank you Winston
11-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Suggest we post clean humour on weekend
------------------------------------------
EDITED by Ladislao Kertesz,  kertesz11@yahoo.com,  if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include.
---------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
03UN0001PGOCR, Peter Gorinski
13LK0381LUNCHGRP, Kendrik Allum, Ladislao Grossmann, Pedro Castro and Andres Freytez
86LK0676FBCGO, Christopher Gonsalves
58LK0003SCOUTSDEVO, Scouting manual






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments have been enabled. Enter your comment in the box below by name, Google identity, or anonymously. It will be posted after I have approved it to avoid spamming.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.