Saturday 1 April 2017

Circular No 804








Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 1 April 2017 No. 804
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Happy April Fool’s Day
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Gonsalves <brian.gonsalves36@yahoo.com>
Mar 26 at 10:58 AM
Thank you, Ladislao, for sending me this copy email, addressed to John and Anthony Willems, who were among the group of young boys from British Guiana (now Guyana) that also included Trevor Evelyn (died in Canada recently) Clive Bettencourt-Gomes (now lives in Spain) plus 3 Gonsalves (Bernard died in 1991, Terrence now living in Toronto and myself, Brian, in England). We all went to Mt. St Benedict's in 1945 for a year, prior to departing from there to Catholic Schools in England, except for Trevor who finished his schooling at MSB .... I can confirm that Anthony Willems died in England several years ago and John is still living in Georgetown, Guyana.
Thank you for keeping me informed about past news of MSB.
Best wishes,
Brian Gonsalves
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On Sunday, March 26, 2017 9:50 AM,
laszlo kertesz <kertesz11@yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear John and Anthony Willems
I am the editor of the ABBEYS SCHOOL Mt. St. Benedict Newsletter.
I would like you to get the weekly OLD news of the school.
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
Norman Smith and myself, together with my brother Gustavo and a Venezuelan friend Enrique Gomez formed a rock band in Mount (it was The Beatle's era) ... the band was called "Chains".
There was also another band called "The Interpreters" with which I played for some time.
I played the bass-guitar as a matter of fact I still do.
I combine my professional practice as a lawyer (International Contracting Law in Oil Industry) with music and running.
I have already ran the New York Marathon TWICE ... the last time in November 2000... can you believe it ? ...
Now I have five children (My second granddaughter is due April 18th).
Claudia my eldest daughter (the married one) and my son Rafael live in Florida.
I have been a lawyer for 27 years now ... and I have met so many people around the world thanks to my professional practice. And I have lived a wonderful life !!!
I have a beautiful wife and five great kids...
My profession has reached very satisfactory levels and I feel proud of my work in life ... now ... at 54 !!! ...
I am now getting ready for some big business opportunities ... it is time to meet your old friends!!! ... they can be your best partners !!!!  
Ladislao !!!
Estoy preparando la posibilidad de hacer un Reporte de los grupos de Mount Boys de 1964-65 ... cuando comenzamos en Mount ... tengo una foto espectacular !!! ... lástima que yo no salgo en élla ... pero es muy buena ...
Te pido me vuelvas a mandar tus números de teléfono y recuerda lo que te solicité de los Reportes del 1 al 10 y el 12 (tengo el 11).
Estoy haciendo un recopilación que me está quedando buenísima y no quiero perderme de nada. Cuando termine esta Recopilación Histórica (que realmente es una relación cronológica de eventos tomados de TUS Reportes) te la haré llegar COMPLETA ... un verdadero testimonio histórico !!!
Aprovecho la oportunidad para desearte a ti y a los tuyos unas Felices Pascuas de Resurrección !!!
Saludos & Blessings !!!!!
I am preparing the possibility of making a Report of the groups of Mount Boys of 1964-65... when we began in Mount... I have a spectacular photo! ... pity that I am not in it... but is very good...
I request to you resend your telephone numbers and remembers what I asked for you of Circulars 1 to the 10 and the 12 (I have the 11).
I am making a recompilation that is being best and do not want to lose anything. When it finishes this Historical Compilation (that really is a chronological relation of events taken from YOUR Reports) I will send it to you COMPLETE... a true historical testimony!
I take advantage of the opportunity for wish to you and yours Happy Passovers de Resurrection!
Saludos & Blessings!!!!!
Rafael Echeverría G.
d.o.g.
(Please Rafael, help the Circular and send me the promised article, EDITOR)
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: "Michael & Virginia D' Ornellas" <vart@carib-link.net>
Date: 19 Oct 14:54 (PDT)
Hi Laszlo,
Once again, when I open the photos they are blank. Is it a problem on my end? Please advise.
Thanks for sending the circular.
Regards
Michael.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Now tidy bits:
From: "Henry Theunissen" <htt41@hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Nov 06:21 (PST)
Dear Friends,
This is to inform you that our Abbot, Francis Alleyne, has been appointed to the Episcopal See of Georgetown.
His term of office as Abbot was about to come to an end this week.
He has now resigned as Abbot and John Pereira is appointed as Prior Administrator.
At the end of this week we'll begin elections for a new Abbot.
Keep us in your prayers.
God bless. Christopher
---------------------------------------------------------------------.
WhatsApp:
10-02-2017 Berment Joseph:  Anyone remember making the honor roll and being allowed to go to POS on Saturday - - spending money, lunch at Humming Bird/ Gaylords Restaurant, a movie at West Indies Drive In (Royal Castle) and a chicken and chips and/or devil dog and a slush. The long sleeved white shirt, straight cut pants (Gannum Style), kick and stab shoes, Mount tie and monogrammed blazer?
10-02-2017 I remembered the movie somewhere in POS and the chicken n chips walking around with the group
10-02-2017 Berment Joseph: Aziz, You actually made the honour roll? I remember you as a very naughty boy.
10-02-2017 Azizul ian gomes here. When you visiting trini boy? You was miserable as hell in school. You make honours list. Dat was when d monks was sleeping. You were in Nigel's (Dec'd) class.
10-02-2017 I was there in Nov will be back sometime just before Easter
10-02-2017 Raj Rooplalsingh asked me to visit him and I know you and he were friends in school. You must give me a call when you here man
10-02-2017 Will don
10-02-2017 He is here. Lives in Sando and works in Marabella. He runs the family business now
10-02-2017 Ian how are you and family.
10-02-2017 Have you heard from Neil. He must be travelling a lot.  Have not heard from him in a while.
10-02-2017 Good man. Retired and enjoying life. My brother Nigel passed away in Dec.  I think you two were in class together as well.  I have not heard from Neil for a while.  Do you have his number?  If you do ask Enrique to add him to the group.
10-02-2017 Dornellas Michael: Good night gentlemen, greetings from Specs.
10-02-2017 Hi Michael, how are you man?  Long time no see.
10-02-2017 Dornellas Michael: Ah still dey boy
10-02-2017 Good.
10-02-2017 Dornellas Michael: You things on your end?
10-02-2017 Ok
10-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Mike welcome most of us planning retirement following Ian.  Winston Ramsahai  70-77
10-02-2017 Winston you retired some years now.  What you saying you planning.😆
10-02-2017 Dornellas Michael: Well boy my life now like a kettle. I have some good fire in my arse and I in hot water up to my neck ...... but a still whistling.
10-02-2017 Hope things look up. Going to dinner now laters
10-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Ha ha
10-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Mike I taught egg boil not you
10-02-2017 Dornellas Michael: All will be fine. Winston just now we will have plenty time to play some good all fours
10-02-2017 Dornellas Michael: Hi Lo Jack Game to go.
10-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Ready anytime just put up d pot
10-02-2017 Dornellas Michael: Boy in hot water everything does boil
10-02-2017 Dornellas Michael: Curry goat?
10-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: St Joseph RC church close to the girls’ dormitory in Curepe
10-02-2017 Enrique apologies. It doesn’t appear that Milton has whatsapp
10-02-2017 Yeah ... That’s what I thought.... BTW, Neil is in the chat
10-02-2017 Berment Joseph: Ron, Where the hell do you get that stuff from? I love the ending.
10-02-2017 Fr. Imash: I shame to say but I don't know if I know any of the guys on the chat
10-02-2017 Who is this
10-02-2017 Aziz Ron is a senior member of the group
10-02-2017 Fr. Imash: I born in 1979?
10-02-2017 Farias Gabriel: You  mean 1879👀
10-02-2017 Ron who?
10-02-2017 Ronald J Hadeed
10-02-2017 I remember A Ron Farrah
10-02-2017 Fr. Imash: 1961 to 1966
10-02-2017 The Farahs were Frank, Michael and Roger. You must mean Roger Aziz.
10-02-2017 Michael above
10-02-2017 O just miss u Ron I was 66-71
SENT 804
------------------------------------------
EDITED by Ladislao Kertesz.  Contact me at  kertesz11@yahoo.com,  if you would like to be in the circulars mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include.
-------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
49TE0012RVI, Raymond Vivies
10LK7300LAR, Arnold Lawrence
14LK2667FBBLEASA, Brian Lewis and Anthony Sabga
15LK1501FBREUNION, Zepheryn Robinson, Joseph Berment and Milton Julien



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments have been enabled. Enter your comment in the box below by name, Google identity, or anonymously. It will be posted after I have approved it to avoid spamming.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.