Saturday 19 August 2017

Circular No 824








Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 19 of August 2017 No. 824
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Who is FREDDIE?
Freddie was injured in an accident while a student in UK and although he managed to complete his course he is mentally disabled following the accident.
Hence he has never been able to hold a job and resides in London, Ontario, under the public help support system there.
We usually bring him to Trinidad for Christmas and he meets some of his old chums from school to Trinidad for Christmas and he meets some of his old chums from school days.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Don Mitchell
13 Aug (7 days ago)
Hi, Ladislao,
Hope all is well.
Anguilla’s Carnival has come to an end with not a single violent episode.
This must be a record for us.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kazim Abasali
13 Aug (7 days ago)
Don, I did not know that there was violence in Anguilla's Carnival!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don Mitchell
13 Aug (7 days ago)
We have “yout” in Anguilla too, not just Trinidad.
Over the past twenty years there’s been a murder about every three years, the odd US-trained Anguillian returnee burglarising and robbing an elderly homeowner, and an Indian owned restaurant or Chinese owned supermarket broken into every now and then to add to the jollification. 
This year, there appears to have been nothing, despite the immigration laws and rules having been relaxed for the carnival season and persons who would normally need visas being allowed in without question. 
Also, boats were allowed to come over from St Maarten and land boat race fans directly on the beach without checking at Immigration and Customs. 
That is why the lack of serious crime is so remarkable to me.
Keep well.
Don
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
stacy ramroop <snr_78@yahoo.com>
Aug 15 at 8:30 AM
Dear Sir, 
I would appreciate if you would kindly add my father Deodath Ramroop (deodathramroop@yahoo.com) to your mailing list. He attended the Abbey School 1968-1973 and I know he would love to receive your circular. 
Thank you.
Sincerely
Stacy Ramroop. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to remind those that feel that they are left out of the Circulars, if you do not write then I cannot include your comments, and your long lost friends cannot see your e-mail address and write you.
And to those friends that have been receiving this Circular and would like to be taken off the list, please R.S.V.P., I do not want to inconvenience you with material that has to be erased every week from your inbox.
Just for the record, there are a couple of alumni that have asked to be taken off. I keep sending them a Christmas Card every year to ask for their wellbeing and let them know that we are sending out the Newsletter, just in case they would like to be reinserted.
---------------------------------------------------------
I have found a few misplaced emails that I should have sent long time ago. Tony please forgive.
----------------------------------------------------------------
From: Tony Vieira <tandjv@networksgy.com>
Date: Tue Mar 4 19:20:14 2003
Ladislao,
Talking about father Eugene, one day I fell down in the pole vault pit and broke my wrist, I always smile when I see the new air filled landing pads the current athletes use for pole vaulting, our pole vault pit was sawdust and as hard as concrete, both bones just above the wrist were broken  [confirmed later by X-ray and a cast which I had to endure for 6 weeks] so Scruts sent me up to the dorm, it was Saturday so no nurse, when I got to the dorm, I was met with the astonishing sight of Eugene doing pull ups on the first cubicle next to his room in his shorts.
That night after I told the boys about it, Edward Lloyd, Steve Mailingsmith and cow spray [anyone remember cow spray's real name?] mobilised the boys who waited until Eugene was about to make his last round, and they started doing pull ups on their cubicles, forcing a clearly embarrassed Eugene to flee and seek refuge in his room.
As far as the colour of the cubicle was concerned, I was never invited to choose the colour of MY cubicle, and if the place was still functional I would sue.
Does anyone else remember picking the colour of their cubicle? as I recall, all were painted this really sick cream colour. the cubicle next to mine was occupied by the french boy Piton, does anyone remember him?
My job was to help him with his English since he did not speak one word of the language, Piton had one wrangler Jeans which he wore everyday for the entire term, he did not have to hang up those jeans, it stood up by itself when he took it off.
My cubicle was close to the toilet, it was on the side of the dorm which faced the mountain, from my cubicle, on most nights the toilet looked like it was on fire, and there was that much smoke coming out of it. The amount of cigarettes we threw in the toilets at the mount killed all the bacteria in the septic tanks and caused an environmental hazard.
The poetic justice of it all was that it was we who caused that incredible stench in the first place, that were forced to breathe it in day and night.
Tony Vieira
P.S. Ladislao, I bought a P4 computer and in the process of transferring all of the data to the new computer from the old hard drive the idiot technician erased all of my e-mails, so please send me the link to your site again, I had to wait for you to email me with the new circular before I could tell you about it since I have lost all emails and addresses.
I have decided to run in the 2006 Presidential elections, I announced it last week check www.tonyvguy.com, commentary UF, I have taken over the United Force Political party and even if I don't get the presidency [I don't think I can anyway] I will, with the other small parties control the parliament and hold the balance of power in the country.
T.V.
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
22-04-2017 13:03:21: Ladislao: Where is Antonio Lezama?  He is not known by any of the lunch group.  Pls tell Salvador to tell Antonio to call me I keep track of all Venezuelans with a phone number. Help me Salvador If you know of any old boy living in Venezuela let me know, I may be able to help or those in the list to help
22-04-2017 13:07:20: M Kenny Azizul: Ladislao can u sent me ur family in Miami number
22-04-2017 13:10:00: Ladislao: Sorry Azizul but I am trying to contact them first and as soon as I do you shall get the contact number. What information do you require Azizul?
22-04-2017 13:10:49: M Zanelli Enrique: Ladislao... are you sure of that last name... I think it’s Mezzana
22-04-2017 13:11:08: M Kenny Azizul: I would like to find out how I can send stuff for u From NJ
22-04-2017 13:12:29: Ladislao: Ok. I can give you the door to door shipper that my wife's sister uses.
22-04-2017 13:12:45: M Kenny Azizul: Ok
22-04-2017 13:13:35: Ladislao: Eurosur Logistics...
8518  NW 72ND St.
MIAMI FL 33166.
USA.  Tel, 786- 5391 525...
22-04-2017 13:13:47: Ladislao: It works ok.
22-04-2017 13:14:16: M Kenny Azizul: Ok let me call them
22-04-2017 13:14:20: Ladislao: My wife's sister is Francis Cubillan
22-04-2017 13:16:58: M Kenny Azizul: I just called no answer guess I will try later or tomorrow
22-04-2017 13:19:23: Ladislao: Maybe Monday. Thaks
22-04-2017 13:20:17: M Cantore Oscar: Roberto Mezzana recently lost his son in an accident still lives in Caripe
22-04-2017 13:21:03: M Kenny Azizul: Ok I was just trying again yes u will call on Monday will keep in touch. Sorry I will call on Monday
22-04-2017 13:24:39: Ladislao: Salvador,  I have tried to call him,  even went to various half a dozen of times. But he either travels a lot or I am out of luck.  Last time I saw him was over four years ago.  Send me his number
22-04-2017 13:24:55: Ladislao: I am sorry for his loss
22-04-2017 13:57:04: Mt Ramsahai Winston 99: Condolences to Roberto family and we will keep you in prayer Aziz I am sure the door to door will be greatly appreciated in Venezuela Just to update, I spoke to Joe and it's is clear that we are currently waiting on Frank Malaver to fly to TT from Maturin to facilitate a cluster of 4-5 old boys only next week
22-04-2017 14:01:46: M Coscarart Salvador: Hello. Ladislao. Antonio Mezzana lives in Doral Florida. I will ask him for his permission in order to give his number. ok Thank you.
22-04-2017 14:02:25: Mt Ramsahai Winston 99: Pledges was received from Faria, Jimmy, Toddy, Mitra Chankar, Mike, Winston we met the budget fur this shipment
22-04-2017 14:03:40: M Coscarart Salvador: Great congratulations. May god help you guys .
22-04-2017 14:03:41: Mt Ramsahai Winston 99: Thanks fur the support Aziz Salvador send Alloy Garner request
22-04-2017 14:04:41: M Coscarart Salvador: I did in the past, yes Out of Houston.
22-04-2017 14:05:33: Mt Ramsahai Winston 99: Sending medicine by cargo is a challenge someone have to come personally to collect
22-04-2017 14:05:46: M Coscarart Salvador: I have already send Alloy and Assam a request but no response from either.
22-04-2017 14:06:00: Mt Ramsahai Winston 99: No prescription required to secure in TT. There are more ......... King. Real satisfaction only comes when you spend regular time with the Lord.
24-04-2017 08:53:03: M Bodington Roberto: B.dias como amanecieron? Esas fotos parece tomadas en Europa. Cuando viajaron??? Saludos.
24-04-2017 09:05:12: Ladislao: Salvador. Please give me Roberto Mezzana phone number in Caripe. I would like to contact him for the medicine issue. Como ves Salvador.  Los que necesitan no se comunican y apareciera que los ignoramos. El que necesita ayuda que se comunique conmigo. Para eso tenemos un grupo venezolano en wharsapp.  Yo lo coordino
24-04-2017 15:30:03: M Coscarart Salvador: Si ya se . Muy agradecido . Tu estas con Winston y Joseph. Y Frank Malaver
24-04-2017 17:52:33: M Kenny Azizul: Ladislao I got in contact with the guy in Miami and sent him an email he told me he do not know of any co in NJ or NY that send stuff to Venezuela so I am checking I will talk to Sal later tonight when I get home and get back to u
24-04-2017 19:10:29: M Coscarart Salvador: Here in Houston , we do have a company that does delivers to Venezuela . The name is Conavenca
24-04-2017 19:33:20: M Ahow Hector Tx: Esta gente lleva de Houston a Venezuela una caja comida y medicinas por 60 dólares
25-04-2017 14:32:07: M Coscarart Salvador: Saludos Hector . De que ta maño es la caja
02-05-2017 15:53:19: Mt Ramsahai Winston 99: Box arrived Guiria
03-05-2017 07:30:38: +1 (868) 493-0633: Congrats Toddy, great potential.
------------------------------------------
EDITED by Ladislao Kertesz,  kertesz11@yahoo.com,  if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include.
---------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
12LK8827FBRSIWFE, Rudi Singh and wife
10LK3967FBRDAGRP, Roland D´abadie
68SC0103Band, Scout band
04TV0001HGRGRPBCA, Fr. Hildebrand Green, Tony Vieira, Fr. Francis Alleyne and Bro. Pascal Jordan






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments have been enabled. Enter your comment in the box below by name, Google identity, or anonymously. It will be posted after I have approved it to avoid spamming.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.