Saturday 12 August 2017

Circular No 823








Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 12 of August 2017 No. 823
------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
I must remind you that the Whatsapp group “ABBEY BOYS” is for general information on Abbey interested news and not for publishing playboy photos.
I spend my time deleting messages of beautiful naked women who were not Abbey School students or Hector Ahow´s girlfriends. If Salvador cannot control the situation??
---------------------------------------------------------------------.
I would like to remind those that feel that they are left out of the Circulars, if you do not write then I cannot include your comments, and your long lost friends cannot see your e-mail address and write you.
And to those friends that have been receiving this Circular and would like to be taken off the list, please R.S.V.P., I do not want to inconvenience you with material that has to be erased every week from your inbox.
Just for the record, there are a couple of alumni that have asked to be taken off. I keep sending them a Christmas Card every year to ask for their wellbeing and let them know that we are sending out the Newsletter, just in case they would like to be reinserted.
I suggest that you should once in a while check your name in Google, if you are a member of the Circular fan club and have written in the last few years, you might find yourself all over the search results.
Check the photos as there might be mistakes that must be corrected for future reference, just let me know and I shall oblige.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trevor Evelyn
I have had some problems with Prostate Cancer and have some extensive treatment with Radiation so it is hoped that that things are now OK. Will know in October.
Other than that I am in good health doing all the things before winter 
My wife Jackie is also in good health at 89.
We have 6 children  5 girls  1 boy who lives in Calgary  with his wife and 2 children the 5 girls live not too far from us  with 8 grandchildren 2 boys 6 girls.
It seems that the female genes are dam strong in this family they are all good looking like their Grandfather????? 
I came to Canada because of the political  situation in 1975 and worked for SEARS Canada for 20 years, then retired.
Other than a few rough time for everyone we thank God are all well. It sure is wonderful to be in contact with so many old friends form years past. I am having a wonderful time with this email all over the place
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: "Anthony Cintra"
Date: 2 Nov 17:46 (PST)
Dear Ladislao,
Millard Howell is a practicing Attorney-at Law.
His chambers are in Port of Spain. I shall call him tomorrow and seek the information you need.
He appeared before me on a few occasions when I was in the High Court and later on in the Court of Appeal in Trinidad.
Vernon de Lima also appeared regularly in several high profile cases.
Vernon and Millard are regarded as "gentlemen" by the judges.
Their conduct in court is exemplary.
One would expect such from Abbey boys.
With best wishes. God bless,
Anthony.
-------------------------------------------------------------
From: "laci kertesz"
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 14:44:38 -0800 (PST)
Dear Anthony
I received the news of your talk with Fr. Francis with some joy, as Fr. Paul was my math teacher and chess teacher.
I have only one photo of him, I hope it is good enough so that the Oldboys would remember.
I would like you to get for me the contact information on Millard Howell, some of his class are inquiring.
I am sure he has an email or one of his children.
Thank you for taking time to write me, wish you the best in your new job.
God Bless
Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------
On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 02:40:58 +0000, "Anthony Cintra" wrote:
Dear Ladislao,
I read the circulars while in Hamburg
Many thanks for the information therein, and saw the address of Fr. Francis.
I wrote Fr.Francis and received a reply with the sad news that Fr.Paul had died.
I read news of his death in the T&T Catholic News on my return home yesterday.
Fr. Francis was very happy to learn of my election as a Judge of the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea (ITLOS ) and sent a copy of my e-mail in which I referred to Fr. Paul as an excellent Maths teacher.
The letter was read to him before he died, may his soul rest in peace.
Fr. Francis tells me Fr. Paul was comforted to learn that a past student of the Abbey School is a judge of the Tribunal.
Fr. Anton a very kind Jesuit priest who lives in the same house got details of ITLOS and of me on the web at www.itlos.org and told Fr. Francis.
Continue the good work.
Sincerely,
Anthony Lucky.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 10:46:51 +0100
From: kertesz11@gmail.com
Dear Ladislao,
Greetings from Hamburg, Germany.
I have been here for the past two weeks at the 41st Session of the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea(ITLOS).
This time my wife, Cintra and eldest daughter Cindy-Ann and granddaughter, Isabel, are here.
Cindy Ann and Isabel return home to Vancouver, tomorrow.
Cintra and I begin our journey home on Saturday.
As you may know I was at the Abbey School at the time of el bandito, David de Castro., no relative of Fidel, although he may want to think so.
I am in contact with el Cid and Senior Knight Glen Mc Koy.
His emails are unique and recently not receiving any are a disappointment to some colleagues.
As we know Sir Glen appreciates art in all its forms photos, paintings and statues?
I have said it before and will repeat my experiences at the Abbey School too numerous to mention. were and are still beneficial.
Although there were many when passing through Amsterdam there is a feeling of nostalgia as I think of Fr. Francis, Abbot Van Duin, Fr. Paul, Fr. Ignatius ( I kept in contact until his death: and on the local scene, Fr. Chrys, Mr Duncan Fergusson and many "ole" boys some of whom have gone to the great beyond.
All the best to you and family as well as the family of past students young and not so young
Kind regards,
Anthony.
PS my email had been hacked but with the help of the IT expert here the matter is rectified.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anthony Cintra
Dear Ladislao,
Thanks for your prompt reply
Enjoy your visit with your sons and daughter.
I leave for home ,Trinidad, via Canada tomorrow morning.
With best wishes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
20-04-2017 Berment Joseph: How can we make a list and confirm the needs of of individuals in Venezuela? It is for someone trustworthy in Venezuela to do that. Last time because of the absence of a formal request and open information sharing I didn't have a need that I could take to the committee, so a few of us took it upon ourselves to get it done, even without accountability and only because of the inability to plan better. The cost in planning organisation and execution was several hours, possibly as much as 80 person hours, in addition to the cost of the goods. Winston, says that he is organizing and some seem to be aware of the arrangements already.
20-04-2017 Bodington Roberto: This is for Ladislao from Skull. You don't have to worry about the guy from mcbo; its own noot easy. I'll be fine.
20-04-2017 Kenny Azizul: Ladislao can I have his number in Miami
20-04-2017 Berment Joseph: To me, it is entirely inexplicable and inexcusable that we don't have the information which we need to go forward as a committee - -information which I asked for several times last year. I have speculated that there isn't really a need and that all of our Venezuelan brothers really don't need the association to help.
20-04-2017 Ramsahai Winston 99: Guys we were planning Fed ex. Box to individuals directly ... The situation changed dramatically .... Understand Frank. Will come fly to TT or I can fly over to.Maturin and carry maximum load Happy Birdhday Ladislao Will communicate with Joe. GFaria, Jimmy. Toddy, Ian, Mike and others Tommorow
20-04-2017 Berment Joseph: There is no "we" as far as the ASAA is concerned. Everyone if free to have their own individual effort. Ladislao, anytime that you request assistance (after you assess their individual needs and priority) from the association, and share the information with us confidentiality, I'll take it to the committee and deal with it as robustly an effectively as possible. I am not going to pick out between several individuals (possibly,in dire circumstances) to determine who I'll favor, without knowing individual circumstances. It will be foolish of us to assume that everyone in Venezuela circumstances are the same or that we can find enough resources to provide everyone even with supplies that they don't need.  Please collaborate with us to find the best means of delivery. I have to say also that I don't see any point in getting involved in any situation where there is going to be duplication of effort. That is only if you are doing something and not preventing things from getting done.
21-04-2017 Coscarart Salvador: Joseph . How are you doing. Please if you have Frank Malaver phone # Please send it to me. They are three brothers that attended the abbey school the younger one is Jose we used to call him (Chente). Best wishes.
21-04-2017 Berment Joseph: Salvador, I send you Frank's contact card a bit later.
21-04-2017 Coscarart Salvador: Ok thank you much.
21-04-2017 Bodington Roberto: I don't know who is bermentmc. But I think his insinuations are out of line. As we say in spanish "cada ladron jusga por su condision". Please take me off your list. Tks.
21-04-2017 Kenny Azizul: So it just came out in the news CITGO donated 500,000 to Trump
21-04-2017 Berment Joseph: Let me help you Julios. I'll leave so you and idiots like you can stay and have fun.
21-04-2017 Gomes Ian: First of all Joe i will like you to reconsider your leaving. Secondly, Julios, I do not think you are aware that Joe is instumental in organising shipments to Venezuelans in need. I understand Joe's points. Our association is a small and in the next 20 years may be non existant as the school no longer operates. The association also has limited funding of which Joe is a MAJOR contributor. He has also been the Main driving force in raising funding for shipments to Venezuela for those in need. As a previous member of the association I wish to assure you that with his leaving the chat only those in need will suffer.  There are a number of old boys who can attest to this. Once again I implore Joe to reconsider.
21-04-2017 Zanelli Enrique: Ian, he already left
21-04-2017 Gomes Ian: I sent it to him as well.
21-04-2017 Zanelli Enrique: I can only add him back if he asks
21-04-2017 Gomes Ian: I am chatting with him.
21-04-2017 Zanelli Enrique: Ok... let me know... tell him no need to get upset
21-04-2017 Gomes Ian: He is upset.
21-04-2017 Zanelli Enrique: Misunderstanding on both ends
M Gomes Ian salió
21-04-2017 Ibarra Frank: Jajajajajaj...día de la secretaria 👩💼
21-04-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Guys I agree with Ian this is not the time for distraction, we all are not perfect, Joe have Made significant contribution to the Alumni and will be communicating with him. Let focus on Venezuela. Faria had pledged to buy Frank airfare and we have donors to buy whatever he needs
21-04-2017 Zanelli Enrique: I don't know whats the deal with all these old men acting like little kids...
21-04-2017 22:48:23: Mt Ramsahai Winston 99: Available in TT, it's pre cooked sending with Frank Another item Pledges was received from Faria, Jimmy, Toddy, Mitra Chankar, Mike, Winston we met  the budget fur this shipment
------------------------------------------
EDITED by Ladislao Kertesz,  kertesz11@yahoo.com,  if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include.
--------------------------------------------
Photos:
07LK8938FBJLE, Julien Lee
17LK0706FBLMA, Llewelyn Macintosh
08UN1554UNKNOWNREUNION2008, unknowns
15LK7184FBRJOWFE, Richard Johnson and wife






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments have been enabled. Enter your comment in the box below by name, Google identity, or anonymously. It will be posted after I have approved it to avoid spamming.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.