Saturday 3 June 2017

Circular No 813









Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 3 June 2017 No. 813
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Below are some old goodies.
Remember, your friends want to see photos, send them and I guaranty that you would appear in Google under the Newsletter mention.
Try placing your name in Google and be surprised to see your photo or article by some unknown method used by Google. All photos with a CODE are of the NEWSLETTER.
---------------------------------------------------------
From: "Anthony Cintra"
Date: 12 Dec 07:06 (PST)
Dear Friends,
By now you would have heard of the death of Bro. Camillus Culley.
He will be buried on Monday 15 December after a funeral Mass at the Abbey.
Bro. Marius called this morning to ask whether I would be one of the bearers, needless to say I immediately agreed.
Hon. Justice Melville Baird of the Supreme Court here, another very good friend of Cammie, will also bear the coffin.
Cammie was a good friend, whenever I visited the Mount I ensured that we spent some time together discussing current topics.
I must add from the inception my career: as a practicing attorney, state prosecutor, magistrate, secretary of the Law Commission, counsel at the Royal bank, judge of the High Court, than appeal court and now a judge at ITLOS.
The monks knew that for the past fifteen years I elected him de facto abbot, so much so that whenever I arrived at the Mount I was asked which abbot I wanted to see.
We all shared a good laugh over that.
But the old order changed, yielding place to new; and God fulfills Himself in many ways least one good custom should corrupt the world.
It seems to me that almost all of the monks who were at the Abbey in my time have passed on.
Men such as: Fr. Chrys; Fr. Peter; Fr. Ildefonse, Fr. Leo: Fr. Paul; Fr. Jerome; Fr. Anslem; Fr. Bernard; Bro. Anthony; Bro. George; and Fr. John Osborne.
I just hope and pray that those who are still here will be around for a long time.
God bless.
Anthony
-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Raymond Devaux <raydevaux@netscape.net>
Date: 9 Dec 17:25 (PST)
Dear Ladislao,
You sent a message to my brother, Alain Devaux, saying that you are looking for myself who attended Mt St Benedict in the nineteen forties and also for my other brother Patrick Devaux whose e-mail is: (patrick.devaux@chubbsecurity.com) or (pdevauxchubb@hotmail.com).
Alain Devaux also attended Mt St Benedick in the nineteen fifties.
Unfortunately I do not know any of the people that you mention in your e-mail but I would like to hear from you.
I live in Montreal, Canada during the summer months and in Ft Lauderdale, Florida during the winter months.
Best,
Raymond Devaux
-----------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Robert Huggins" <robert.huggins@3web.net>
Date: 10 Jun 14:46 (PDT)
Hi Las,
As long as the MSB network continues, I will try to put in my 2 cents.
It's sad to see that so many went there but so few want to write about the things that we did while there.
I don't think that our stay was that bad that everybody wants to forget what they did, at least I don't.
Also I don't think that people are so busy that they can't spend 5 minutes to talk about their time at MSB.
Anyhow, I suppose that is life, and the world we live in.
No Las, I didn't build model airplanes, instead I watched you build rockets and try to get them to fly.
But that's another story.
Actually my sports activity was swimming.
I was also giants B captain of the football and volley ball team, both championships which we won.
I also played cricket, and anything else that looked good.
Have no fear my friend I will try and put something together soon, but I need to get the cobwebs out of this old brain and try to remember some of the things we did.
I may have to try and contact Don Mitchell as I know he, his brother Gordon and I were always doing some crazy thing.
God Bless,
Robert
----- Original Message --------------------------------------------
To: <robert.huggins@3web.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 6:28 PM
Dear Robert,
I am glad that you wrote.  The email of Manuel is: Manjosepra@hotmail.com,
His box is full at this time.
I need your help for articles or short stories.
Boxhead told me that the rocket did fly???. Can you remember??
Did you build model airplanes???
What was your sports activity?
I contacted a swimming coach that trained lads and lasses at our pool some three years ago.
The club is called, "The abbey aqua lads and lasses swimming club"
There is a little story on it.
Maybe I shall write on it.
Did you remember Fr. Francis? and the singing?
I am asking you all this to get new writers for the Circular Writers Guild now that the strike is over.
So long my friend
God Bless
Ladislao
------------------------------------.
20-02-2017 Talk to u soon brother
20-02-2017 Doctors first report is that everything is going well.... another 2 or 3 hours to go
20-02-2017 Actually they just finished and he is going to recovery now.... everything went well...
20-02-2017 Q bien
20-02-2017 Lo vamos a llamar cuero de mato Salvador
20-02-2017 Great
20-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Be strong you in good hands
20-02-2017 Gracias a Dios!
20-02-2017 Moffie Edgar: Keep up brothers things will work out good....Sal will be ok....
20-02-2017 Fr. Imash: God is Great!!!
20-02-2017 Dornellas Michael: Amen and amen
20-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Neal will you take up. The offering
20-02-2017 Get well soon Salvador. You are in all msb boys prayers for a speedy recovery. God bless you and keep you.
20-02-2017 Cuero de mato get well soon glad to see you waking Up
20-02-2017 Get well soon my brother
20-02-2017 Sure, once ok get some wine
20-02-2017 Salvador is on cloud nine
20-02-2017 He does not need wine
20-02-2017 You look like you are full of that happy juice. !  ??
22-02-2017 Cómo te sientes Sal?
22-02-2017 Moffie Edgar: Well done brother......que ha dicho el doctor??....
22-02-2017 All good started physical therapy and then the chemotherapy.
22-02-2017 Muy bien Frank
22-02-2017 Pa'lante Sal, estamos contigo
24-02-2017 Very nice i like the song.  I have met a few Indian ladies that are nurses taking care of me. I’ll play this song for them.
24-02-2017 Thank you.
24-02-2017 Great brother get well soon
24-02-2017 Maybe Neil can organize a reunion now Ha Ha
24-02-2017 Mt Ramsahai Winston: Good love song Aziz ....
24-02-2017 Aziz you still have it in you??
25-02-2017 it’s very impressive to see our guys doing some good but then we Abbey guys are the smartest around
25-02-2017 did not laugh yet
25-02-2017 Moffie Edgar: Ohhh boy.....
25-02-2017 Now, I am smiling
25-02-2017 I Am out of the hospital and on my way home. Thank you for all your prayers.
25-02-2017 Thanks God, get well soon!
25-02-2017 Gracias amigo
26-02-2017 This year's Panorama Champs. My favourite Band.???????
26-02-2017 My Dear brothers . I ask of you to pray for the son of our Brother Roberto Mezzana. His son was in a motorcycle accident yesterday night. May god have his soul in eternal glory. Amen
26-02-2017 I am back home . The surgery came out good and I will be starting the next step, Chemotherapy. I’ll keep you posted when. But please am still in need of your prayers. Amen
28-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Very informative
01-03-2017 They still have Lent in Trinidad?
01-03-2017 Fr. Imash: Hi Neil, in spite of all the negatives being bandied around about our Blessed land, the majority of the population are good God fearing people. Many good positive things happen every day here but unfortunately only the negatives are highlighted
01-03-2017 Visit this year
01-03-2017 Berment Joseph: The issue is how news organisations collect news and how they understand their role. If the larger media houses were to have correspondents throughout the nation to report on local stories in Paamin, Speyside, Matelot, Icarcos, Arima, Freeport etc. etc. the content would be much more uplifting and certainly more nation building. It will give people positive, inspirational images of themselves. Everything that is needed for T&T to be good in in T&T right now.
01-03-2017 Berment Joseph: You are always welcome Neil. Looking forward to spend time with you.
01-03-2017 Bad news sells
------------------------------------------
EDITED by Ladislao Kertesz,  kertesz11@yahoo.com,  if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include.
---------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
58LK0008aSCOUTSDEVO, p.8a Scouting manual
15LK4630EOC, Eion O´connor
70SC0406SCO, Salvador Coscarart and Torino
16LK4183FBRANWFE, Richard Anderson and Margaret






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments have been enabled. Enter your comment in the box below by name, Google identity, or anonymously. It will be posted after I have approved it to avoid spamming.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.