Saturday 20 May 2017

Circular No 811








Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 20 May 2017 No. 811
------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
A little late, but we move ahead.
----------------------------------------------------------
David Bratt <dvd_bratt@yahoo.com>
12/11/2016
Ladislao, how?
Just to let you know.
My articles are available on my professional Facebook page: The Bratt Office.
Maybe you could let the Boys know?
Thanks, Keep safe!
David
David E Bratt CMT, MD, MPH
Trinidad& Tobago, West Indies
(868) 622 9146
Twitter: @docbrat1
---------------------------------------------------------------
From: mckoy43glen@hotmail.com
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 21:07:35 +0000
Ian,
Good to hear from you, man, you always had a good sense of Humour.
Well you know me, I was like, on the wanted list, by the older guys, and man I give them hell, but also learned, to be out of sight, out of mind.
I liked Nigel, he enjoyed my sense of Humour, you guys were cool, like most brothers on the Mount??
Kamal Kahn had a lot of mouth then also. 
Man, Tenia, use to call Hudson his son, and I had to hide from them guys, Garth, was like the hulk, I liked him but still give him shit.
I just didn’t give them no respect, and always cursing them, and running.
After a year or so, things kinda cool down. 
Man, I left Trinidad in 1977, and I would always ask about the guys at home, and man for awhile, its seemed like the guys, at home avoided each other.
Ian, it’s good to hear from you, and I will need to know more about the group in Trinidad, what’s going on there, and why so much silence??
We need to know, as we have a few projects in the works, things we hope will benefit the whole group,
At times we tried to get some feedback from Trinidad, however our request seems to fall on deaf ears.
The only one voice, that have come forward all the time, in Trinidad, is Mr Jon Golding.
Ian, I am a Trinidadian, and this concerns me, probably there are things I am not aware of, but when now, we have a 70% of our international support, coming from Venezuela, where was the school located??
Like, when John Guio, the loose cannon, started with his half-baked story, the rest just stood by, and watched like sheep, I had to step in for the Hippies from the Sixties, for some of us know, the true story, you could fool the people some time, but not all the time.
My regrets to Pig and Jaggy, for the not nice things I said about them, and these two guys got along well with me.
What do I do now?  As a committee member, I must stand and protect the Club from any inner or outer harm.
If you are in contact with these guys, please give them my best regards, and they may personally contact me anytime, for all are my brothers.
The good, the bad and the ugly.
The Trinidad group must pull their socks up, and forget the past, and start looking at the future, we pray.
We need a strong home base club, in Trinidad, which we are here to support.
Enough on that, however I would like your comments on same, very concerned.
Take care, my brother. 
Please give Nigel, my best regards,
I love you guys,
Glen McKoy....
---------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 18:00:03 -0700
Subject: Re: FW: Escapades with the monk's scooter
Glen, you had me cracking up boy. All of us had experiences like that.
A drain in Curepe on a Saturday when going to Planet Cinema,
Diving in the bushes by the Bee Hives to get away from a red belly from Winston Copeland, Neville Tenia, Garth Alexander,  Jordan and Co.  Man I know.  And the stealing of the Lambrettas I remember.
There was also a blue Volkswagen that Winston Copeland drove once.
Johnny Garcia (then the Head Prefect) Winston, Kamal Kahn and myself used to go to fete in town.
We were all prefects at the time.
I also remember catching you and Joe Berment smoking.  Joe tried to hide the cigarette in his mouth and you in your pocket.
I held Joe’s nose and your hand in your pocket.
Both of you did not appreciate that, but I had a good laugh.
HEeee!
Laterz
Ian
--------------------------------------------------------
Edward Lloyd
01:56 (6 hours ago)
QUIET PRAYER
There is nothing better than older people praying for you.
We're not getting older, just getting closer to home!
The instructions are to pick four people You want God to bless.
I pick you.
Please pass this to at least 4 people you want to pray for and include me.
This prayer is powerful, and prayer is one of the best gifts we receive.
There is no cost but a lot of rewards. Let's always pray for one another.
The prayer: 
Father, Thank You for each and every day
You have blessed us here on earth.
Thank You for Your tender mercies.
Thank You for giving us friends and family to share joys and sorrows with.
I ask You to bless my friends, relatives, brothers and sisters in Christ and those I care deeply for, especially those who are reading this right now.
Where there is joy, give them continued joy.
Where there is pain or sorrow, give them your peace and mercy.
Where there is self-doubt, release a renewed confidence.
Where there is need, fulfil their needs.
Bless their homes, families, finances, their goings and their comings.
In Jesus' name,
Amen.
*If you choose to send this to more than four people, you are truly blessed to have such friends. Have a wonderful day
----------------------------------------------------------------
22 DEC 2010
Krishna wrote
Ladislao: 
Welcome to our world, my friend. 
I look forward to the day of our meeting, as I have great respect for your diligence and good work on behalf of the Abbey old boys around the world.  
Do have a wondrous and blessed Christmas...
Warmest regards,
krishna jerry toolsie"
-------------------------------------------------------------
15-02-2017 Dornellas Michael: Hello Salvador, I understand you are having some health challenges . Please be assured of our prayers and special prayers of healing. Take care my brother, keep the faith and have a good night. Take care, Specs.
15-02-2017 Many thanks brother. Give my regards to your wife.
15-02-2017 Suerte mañana sal estamos pendientes
15-02-2017 I am still in the hospital
15-02-2017 Tomorrow I have the surgery
15-02-2017 Thank you Oscar
15-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Believe that the Lord is faithful and good to you. He will carry you through every trouble.
15-02-2017 Good luck with everything tomorrow and my prayers with u
15-02-2017 Dornellas Michael: Thanks Salvador.  Virginia sends her best wishes and we both will cover you tomorrow in prayer for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Have a good night.
15-02-2017 Thank you very much.
16-02-2017 Alfredo Montiel Bezara: Salvador, today you are going to be fine after all !! God bless you !! 🙏🌞🇻🇪
16-02-2017 Gracias alfredo.
16-02-2017 Un abrazo
16-02-2017 Dornellas Michael: Good morning Salvador, all will be well my friend.  Trust in HIM. take care and blessings on you.
16-02-2017 Thank you my dear Specs
16-02-2017 suerte
16-02-2017 Gracias Oscar.
16-02-2017 Moffie Edgar: Hermano y fe y confianza en el Senor.....todo va a estar de acuerdo a su voluntad....Dios te bendiga.....los Abbey Boys estamos contigo...
16-02-2017 Get well soon Sal May Jesus healing power be with you
16-02-2017 Salvador que todo salga bien y que estés con Dios. Fair winds and following seas.
16-02-2017 Dicho como buen marinero que eres amigo Victor
16-02-2017 Un abrazo Oscar y aprovecho de mandar un recuerdo de mi visita a TT en la "Esmeralda", para darle ánimo a Salvador a través de Brother Rupert.
16-02-2017 Gracias Victor
16-02-2017 Hi Victor. I have a copy of this photo and remember the visit of the "Esmeralda" to Trinidad. It was a most memorable occasion and the abbey boys in t & t were very grateful for the invitation. Ian Gomes
16-02-2017 You still the commander of Esmeralda?
16-02-2017 No Sir. I'm already retired with the rank of Rear Admiral. Still in Chile.
16-02-2017 Lucky you. I’m also retired. Now you can enjoy life like me. I do only what pleases me now. Fishing, tending to plants and attending functions, watching football etc.
16-02-2017 Hola Salvador, que todo salga bien con la ayuda de Dios 🙏🏻 Get well soon!
16-02-2017 Fr. Imash: Wait nah, like everybody retired, it look like like I am the only young boy in this chat, nobody else born after 1979? 😂😂😍😍
16-02-2017 : jajajaja
16-02-2017 Gracias Frank. Estoy con Enrique que vino a visitar.
16-02-2017 I am at that age but I am not retired and I am not ready to retire
16-02-2017 Salvador, as you go through this trying period remember the entire group of MSB alumni are praying for your speedy recovery and we all wish that you can continue to share your exploits with us. God's blessing on this trying day for you. May he protect you and cover you in his blood to protect you against all evil.
------------------------------------------
EDITED by Ladislao Kertesz,  kertesz11@yahoo.com,  if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include.
--------------------------------------------
Photos:
58LK0007SCOUTSDEVO, p.7a Scouting manual
07LK2493WKEWFE, Winston Kerry and wife
15LK1626FBKTO, Toolsie
69C001SCOGRP, Tell me the teachers’ names








2 comments:

  1. are you sure this is 14GK6839GKH, Gerald Khan please research

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were right, Azizul. Ladislao changed the photo as a result.

    ReplyDelete

Comments have been enabled. Enter your comment in the box below by name, Google identity, or anonymously. It will be posted after I have approved it to avoid spamming.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.