Saturday 6 May 2017

Circular No 809









Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 6 May 2017 No. 809
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
I have included some old email, from Joyce and Bernard Johnson, St. Lucia.
Wonder how they are??  It has been a long time since I have received correspondence from them, can anyone help?
---------------------------------------------------
mailto:amickiew@att.net
Apr 18 at 8:44 AM
Hey Don....
Congrats my good old friend......by the way.....take along a lot of those "blue pills" to relive those earlier anniversaries, George
PS - I have already bought mine for Fara's and mine 48th anniversary celebration in Cabo San Jose in 2 weeks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
mailto:idmitch@anguillanet.com
Apr 18 at 8:14 AM
And, think of all the benefits for a 71-year old of the daily stooping and bending involved in carrying out those chores!
It is like attending yoga class every day.
Don
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
mailto:empowerwithart@gmail.com
Apr 18 at 7:55 AM
Don, that list of duties is a full-time job for a 'retiree'. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
mailto:idmitch@anguillanet.com
Apr 18 at 7:04 AM
Thanks, Kazim.
Getting quite excited now. 
A young man, a previous law student of mine, who is now a teacher at the High School has agreed to move in for the duration of our absence (a month) and to keep an eye on our charges and responsibilities, namely: four dogs; two peahens (presently setting on two nests) and a peacock; 20 tortoises (Morrocoy) in the back yard; 40 hot pepper shrubs (a mixture of Scotch Bonnet; Ghost Pepper; Moruga Scorpion; Komodo Dragon; and Carolina Reaper) all in full season in my herb nursery; and miscellaneous kitchen herbs and vegetables. 
I am particularly concerned that my tubs of dasheen should survive my absence and the failure of my loving watering of them while I am gone. Maggie taught me to cook a Trinidadian recipe of callaloo, and I make it for us once a month, once there are okras in the supermarket. I have prepared a list of watering and feeding instructions for all of them!
Keep well.
Don
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
mailto:empowerwithart@gmail.com
Apr 18 at 2:23 AM
Don, safe travels and enjoy your 50th Anniversary together with Maggie.
Take some photos to share with us.
Take care......Kaz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
mailto:idmitch@anguillanet.com
Apr 17 at 7:47 PM
Hi, Ladislao,
Maggie and I are off on our 45th wedding anniversary cruise on Saturday:
Fifty years, if you count the five years we lived together in London completing our University exams, before we got legally married.
I have not heard if any of the Old Boys of my generation are on my itinerary. I suspect none of them are. A pity, as a meeting in Tenerife or Malaga would have been more likely than a meeting in Anguilla!
With any luck, in Tenerife, Maggie and I will meet Brian Goddard’s daughter and family, at least for a coffee.
During the next 30 days, I shall be having some difficulty in accessing the internet while I am on my travels. But, keep the Circulars coming. Every time I get a chance to post them to the Blog, I shall take it.
Keep well.
Don
---------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Caracas, 12 of July 2001.
Dear Bernard
I am writing to you as we, Anthony and I, are trying to get together the class 1960 MSB oldboys. Most likely you are aware of this. Our intention is for the 1959 class to have a page too.  I am in contact with a few of the Caracas oldboys, if you are interested in contacting someone here please tell me.
If you have the 1959 class photo please send it to me or to Anthony.
Of your class, whom do you remember? I believe that Azier Atela was from your class?
I am sending you the msb class of the 1960 photo for your perusal. Do you recognize any?
What are you doing?  I am an electronic engineer manufacturing aeronautical lights, for airports, heliports and obstructions.  It is an interesting field but rather limited in clients.
I hope you get this.
God bless
Ladislao Kertesz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
From :  "joyce johnson" <johnsonjb@candw.lc>
Date :  Wed, 4 Sep 2002 21:00:22 -0700
Dear Ladislao,
In response to your email that is definitely my class & only two of the boys I cannot name but the faces are very familiar. I don't remember any Castros in my class but I remember that the Castro brothers, Renaldo, Timino & Pedro were a force to be reckoned with in the school - they loved to fight & rumour has it that they were direct descendents from Venezuelan Indian warriors & had many canings. Some in public from Fr. Bernard.
Regarding scouting, I was definitely a Queen Scout in the 2nd Mount St. Benedict troop. Those were good days & we went on several camps to Maracas Falls & Scotland Bay down the islands. It was a good excuse to get away from Mount.  Scouting & Mount taught me a discipline in life which I have today & for which I'm eternally grateful.  
If ever you come to St. Lucia I will be very pleased to welcome you as my guest and show you around. It's a beautiful island & we have a house that we keep for family & friends where you are more than welcome to stay as my guest.
With kind regards.
Yours sincerely,
Bernard Johnson
------------------------------------------------------------------------
From:  "joyce johnson" <johnsonjb@candw.lc>
Date:  Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:04:49 -0700
Dear Ladislao,
Bernard has looked at the second picture you sent.  He says that No. 2 is Maroth de Marothy, Claude in this picture is No. 5 & Chris Date is No. 7.
He can't remember how many boys were in the class.  Claude Johnson now lives in England. 
He's not on email but his address is:  3 Eden Place, Stanwix, Carlisle, Cumbria CA3, 9JQ, UK.
OK guess that's about it.  Hope it helped.
Sincerely,
Joyce Johnson
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
From:  "joyce johnson" <johnsonjb@candw.lc>
Date:  Tue, 10 Sep 2002 08:43:29 -0700
Dear Ladislao,
Bernard's travelling in his boat from Antigua to St. Lucia at the moment but will be back in a couple of days. 
I had too many pressing things to do here so couldn't join him unfortunately although we're planning a trip to Barbados this weekend.
I just took a look at the list we sent you & reckon we've made a mistake.  No. 5 is definitely Claude Johnson (he now lives in Carlisle, UK)
That makes me wonder who No. 7 could be but I'll ask Bernard when he returns. 
I'll also ask him if he knows who No. 7 is & also how many boys he thinks were in his class. 
Sincerely,
Joyce Johnson
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
14-02-2017 It’s Sterling Hackett
14-02-2017 yes. jajajaj Sterling.
14-02-2017 Sal, hope u are feeling better I did
14-02-2017 Que te mejores pronto Salvador!
14-02-2017 Thank you guys.
14-02-2017 si vale Enrique se pone impaciente que estas faltando al trabajo....
14-02-2017 Asi es....!!!πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
14-02-2017 Gangaram Rampersad. Gangie 201 887 6275.New Jersey. Hello old boys.
14-02-2017 Para que le haga feliz al Salvador en el hospital.
14-02-2017 Muchas gracias hno Attila.
14-02-2017 Sal u don't look sick to me
14-02-2017 just to get out from working...
14-02-2017 Not everyone is like you OscarπŸ˜†
14-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Enrique True Benedictine tradition  .... Brothers keepers. Be Blessed
14-02-2017 I am selfemployed Ian cannot get out of work that easy.....πŸ˜„ if I do not show up for work they have a party🀑
14-02-2017 Sickness is not on my looks. Is in my lungs that are full of fluids. party getting high with the mushrooms. Jajajajajajaj
14-02-2017 Hope you recover quickly Salvador. I was just teasing Oscar. He remains miserable but a good guy.
14-02-2017 yeap jajajja Thanks Ian
14-02-2017 If u have a nagging wife, a hospital stay ain't that bad
14-02-2017 Sal is over that now he divorced....he is a happy man now😜
14-02-2017 U mean he has a non nagging wife now! Olga is a sweetheart.
14-02-2017 he is got a nagging boss.....in exchange i do not know which is better.....πŸ˜€ I will let Sal reply that
14-02-2017 Damm..at least after work it's over With wife it's 24/7..365 days
14-02-2017 the problem Neil is we get so used to the nagging when we do not have it we feel empty that something is missing.... got to delete this conversation....
14-02-2017 Wives need to read it, don't delete
14-02-2017 jajajajajaja not on Valentines day get sent to the dog house
14-02-2017 Today is the best day maybe we get some peace
14-02-2017 thinking about it it is not a bad option, at least the dog does not bitch as much
14-02-2017 I like the doghouse better sometimes women don't nag, they bark
14-02-2017 you mean bite....
14-02-2017 : After barking It's 80+ degrees in Orlando
14-02-2017 you mean they give you advanced warning? My does not weird : advanced spring
14-02-2017 We don't have winters anymore Oscar, I have to make a trip to Texas, looking to move to Mexico
14-02-2017 on the other side of the wall Neil?
14-02-2017 I am building the wall
14-02-2017 Im looking for investors for portable ladder business.... in πŸ‡²πŸ‡½
14-02-2017 Explain
14-02-2017 Big wall coming soon.... portable ladders will be in high demand
14-02-2017 Forget ladders, I am selling jetpacks
14-02-2017 Para escalar el muro.
14-02-2017 Yessss
14-02-2017 How many Mount boys in Texas?
14-02-2017 thank you Neil
14-02-2017 Mexicans can move to the tourist towns and make a good living. no need to come to USA anymore
14-02-2017 Hola Pipo
14-02-2017 Hola Salvador. Espero que te recuperes pronto. Un abrazo.
14-02-2017 Gracias pipo. Saludos
------------------------------------------
EDITED by Ladislao Kertesz,  kertesz11@yahoo.com,  if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or there is any old boy that you would like to include.
------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
58LK0006SCOUTSDEVO, Scouting manual
70SC0406SCOTORINO, Salvador Coscarart and his Torino
14LK0416FPALGR, Father Palmar Venezuelan priest and Ladislao Grossmann
12LK3480FBRRO, Rommel Rosero and wife




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments have been enabled. Enter your comment in the box below by name, Google identity, or anonymously. It will be posted after I have approved it to avoid spamming.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.