Saturday 18 March 2017

Circular No 802








Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 18 March 2017 No. 802
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Here are some newcomers to the Circular, Hope others would follow.
Also maybe those in the list, would like to give me a rundown of their hobbies so that I may attach them to their file and publish.
Like Don said, if you are not mentioned in the Circular, then you do not exist, haha.
Just try searching for your name or that of your classmate, you might wonder how it got into Google?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Vernon Behrens De Lima
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2017 10:43 PM
Dear Ladislao.
We have never met but I was a student at the Mount in the 50's; 
I believe that was a little before you were there.
My name is Vernon De Lima and my Abbey School nickname was "Turf". 
I was at school there from 1950 up to 1957. 
The Principal was Fr, Ildefonse, who was a severe disiplinarian. 
He was fair but when he had to he used the rod, and used it well.
Which I say is needed today.
I write this to you to say this: 
Over the years I have been reading the items you have produced about the Mount and all the students who attended our school and I must tell you that I think you have done and continue to do a great service to the memory of our school. 
If I had the authority I would without any doubt, give to you the PAX MEDAL. 
You have done so much, my friend, and I want to tell you this. :
Because of you, people know that there was a school called "Mt. St. Benedict". 
Ladislao, my friend. Take a bow.  A.G. is in your corner.
Vernon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Hello, Ladislao,
The message below from Vernon is for you.
Keep well.
Don
 -----------------------------------------------------------.
mailto:idmitch@anguillanet.com
Mar 16 at 7:23 AM
Thanks, Kazim, and enjoy the walks.
My walking group set out before 6:00 AM because we need the cool of the mornings. 
This winter has been particularly harsh, going down to 72 degrees Fahrenheit on occasion.
Some of the ladies wear long sleeves for protection against the near frost J
Keep well.
Don
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
mailto:empowerwithart@gmail.com
Mar 16 at 6:07 AM
Don,
Later I will send out to more of the 'Boys' with the email list I have.
I have already posted the Circular blog link on our Facebook group and Fr. Harold's Facebook group.
We are cooking my Brother.
Talk later. Going for a walk now.
The weather is in the 40s here in Sweden.
Spring is in the air. !!!!.......
Kaz
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
mailto:idmitch@anguillanet.com
Mar 16 at 5:58 AM
Thanks for the support, everyone.
I suspect the reason why so many of my emailed notifications about the latest Circulars are rejected, mainly in Trinidad and Venezuela, is that I do four mailings to about 100 addresses in each mailing. 
That will look like spam to some ISPs. 
Yesterday, I tried doing individual mailings to several of the rejecting email addresses, but none has responded. 
I suspect that those addressees have not added me as a “safe” sender, and their computers are rejecting my emails. 
So, anything you can do to encourage Old Boys to visit the website and read the Circulars will be welcome.
Keep well.
Don
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Kazim Abasali <empowerwithart@gmail.com>
Mar 16 at 4:18 AM
Fr. Harold and Glen,
Can you read what Don shared and see in what ways we can support him and Ladislao with the blog that contains the Circulars please.
Thank you. And let us ask all the 'Boys' to spread the word.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
mailto:idmitch@anguillanet.com
Mar 15 at 10:38 PM
Thanks, Kazim,
That is bound to help.
Keep well.
Don
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
mailto:empowerwithart@gmail.com
Mar 15 at 7:53 PM
Yes, Don, 
I will help you by posting on our Facebook group.
And Glen also has a mailing group.
Glen can help us with this although he shared with me that he was taking it easy.
We will put our heads together and see what we can come up with as a group.
We can also ask Fr. Harold to lend a hand to get the blog with Ladislao's Circulars to his list and Facebook Group as well. 
Regards......Kazim
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
mailto:idmitch@anguillanet.com
Mar 15 at 7:00 PM
Hi, Kazim,
I hope your Facebook account for Mount is seeing lots of traffic. 
I deleted mine as I found it was making an idiot out of me. 
So, I can’t access Facebook and am not up to date on how the Mount Facebook pages (yours and Fr Harold’s) are doing.
Anyway, early this morning I sent out over 400 email notices that Ladislao’s latest two Circulars have been posted: http://abbeyschool2017circulars.blogspot.com/
The total result of hits resulting from this notification (not counting my own) up to this evening is 5.
That suggests that not many people are reading the Circulars when I put them up on the Blog. 
I am not even sure that the addressees of my emailed notifications are receiving them.
Most of the Trinidadian and Venezuelan Old Mount Boys have not ensured that my email address is listed as “safe”. 
The result has been that my emails to them are probably consigned to “spam” and my updates to Old Boys in Trinidad and Venezuela have not been getting into their “inboxes”. 
I did an experiment this morning, sending several personalised emails to Old Boys in Trinidad and Venezuela to see if those would get through, but there has been no response from any of them up to now.
Is there anything you can suggest that would give wider publicity to Ladislao’s Circulars?
Thanks,
Don
---------------------------------------------------------------------------.
mailto:idmitch@anguillanet.com
Mar 13 at 4:07 AM
Hi, Ladislao,
The message from Raphael below is for you.
Keep well.
Don
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Raphael How Chung
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2017 9:16 PM
Many thanks for your generosity of your commitment and time to be there for us all
Ladislao! I remember Joel Blandin and the name Horsey.
I am truly sorry to hear of Joel's demise in such a tragic manner.
MJ is still a priest and is referred to as Monsignor in Trinidad.
I don't know at which parish he is at, but I knew that he also went to St Mary's University in Nova Scotia with a few Abbey boys!
In reading these newsletters, I have come to realize that a few of us are also in Canada and there is my second home.
It will be greatly appreciated if we can arrange some get together in the near future.
Time is with us and anyone willing can contact me in Trinidad @ 18686845385.
Blessings all, my fellow brothers!
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
10-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Amazing mosaic collections.  Tks to Ambassador Kertesz for his archives ..... .......
10-02-2017 We all wish the abbot will let us scan all of Fr  Benedict’s pictures so we can have a history of the school in pictures.  Maybe even publish a book with proceeds going to the Abbey.
10-02-2017 We should all search in our attics for our old albums and share pics in this site.....
10-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Let's give him a donation in exchange for pictures.  Ask Colm Imbert to negotiate
10-02-2017 Berment Joseph: Pogy has made an arrangement to do this already.  What is needed is someone with a portable scanner and the time to do it on location.  It has to be done discretely. Contact Pogy.
10-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Excellent Joe
10-02-2017 Pablo Kecskemeti +58 4166817396
10-02-2017 Attila Gyuris +593 98 374 0278
10-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Welcome Aziz it's a long time nice to connect
10-02-2017 How u doing brother
10-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Welcome Angel - Attia and all
10-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: We are the Wild wild south lots gringos
10-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Sherif abandon TT
10-02-2017 Berment Joseph: Can we have names with those telephone numbers please?
10-02-2017 This is me and who is u
10-02-2017 Berment Joseph: Drax, Boy!
10-02-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Aziz, let’s network the guys in NYC on this chat post name and numbers directly to Salvador he will add as Joe suggested
10-02-2017 Great idea
10-02-2017 I am here for the  lime-ing.
10-02-2017 Hey Sal
10-02-2017 Hi. That was Attila GYURIS
10-02-2017 Oh god, long time Attila
10-02-2017 Thanks for adding me.
------------------------------------------
EDITED by LadislaoKertesz,  kertesz11@yahoo.com,  if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include.
----------------------------------------------------
Photos:
52AD0001TENNISTEAM, Alain Devaux photo with UNKNOWNS
16AD0008ADE, Alain Devaux
16RD0003RDE, Raymond Devaux
15LK0002DMILKE, Daniel Michieli and Ladislao Kertesz






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments have been enabled. Enter your comment in the box below by name, Google identity, or anonymously. It will be posted after I have approved it to avoid spamming.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.