Saturday 16 December 2017

Circular No 841









Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 16 of December 2017 No. 841
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,  Please view: https://vidmoon.co/video/AeH8iWtEzKi5nXRZgE,
------------------------------------------------
Kazim Abasali <empowerwithart@gmail.com>
Dec 12, 2017 at 9:32 AM
Don,
Yes, I did it without informing you. Sorry.
Just taking things easy, continuing to get my pressure down.
Take care.....
Kazim
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Don Mitchell <idmitch@anguillanet.com>
Dec 11, 2017 at 10:48 AM
Hi, Kazim,
I have about 400 email addresses that I send notices to most times when I publish a new Circular for Ladislao. 
I have just finished sending out notices about Circulars 835 and 836. 
Now I, have another ten more addresses that are not working.
Could I trouble you, please, to put a notice on your Facebook home page asking any Old Boy who has ceased receiving notices from me about the latest Ladislao Circulars to contact me at idmitch@anguillanet.com with their email address? 
I no longer have a Facebook Account, or I would do it myself and save you the trouble. 
I seem to recall that Fr Harold has another MSB Facebook Account, so I am copying this to him with a similar plea.
Many thanks,
Don
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
Father Harold Imamshah <frharold12@gmail.com>
ec 11, 2017 at 6:09 PM
Will do, thanks for letting me know. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Kazim Abasali <empowerwithart@gmail.com>
Dec 12, 2017 at 2:22 AM
Already posted on Facebook for you
Don.
----------------------------------------------
HELP:  I NEED THE EMAIL ADDRESS OF:  Mohammed, Kaleel
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
FROM: Glen Mckoy  
Sunday, September 30, 2012 9:02 AM
Hello Nigel,  
I send Joe Azar mount related stuff all the time, one of our many silent supporters.  
I remember Joe well; when I was a boy in scouts he was a product of Cutty, ha! ha!
Dem guys don't joke man, I was 12 yrs old and scared like hell ha! ha!
Joe was the man, strict and always so serious,
Remember we won everything in the country, we were soldiers, in our minds ha! ha!, 
I was on the mount in 1968, so I know Jimmy, Robert and Edmund.
They were the big guys, 
I remember Robert Aboud nice guy, we all hanged out around the school, so you had to know who was who.
Danny Essi? (Syrian) good friend also.   
Nigel, so many mates are still missing, and we don't even have a clue, where they are, good luck in our quest, for The Lost Tribe.
Adios Amigos 
Glen. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PERCEPTIONS......While at the Mount, I perceived the monks and brothers to be "much older" than they really were.
Also, it appears that they did not receive any formal education on teaching.....were they good teachers in your opinion?
Fr Augustine (Peter) Schreurs and Fr Cuthbert (Jan) van de Sande will be celebrating their sixty-eighth anniversary of monastic profession on Monday 16 May 2016.
Together with Fr Jerome Koot (now deceased), they were the first monks to be professed in the present abbey church (incomplete at that time).
They were also the first monks to pronounce their vows before the newly elected abbot of Mount St Benedict, Abbot Adelbert van Duin.
Both Fr Augustine and Fr Cuthbert, two young Dutch men in their early 20s, arrived on the shores of Trinidad and Tobago on 19 February 1947,
at the same time that the official document arrived granting Mount St Benedict abbatial status in the fourteen hundredth anniversary of the death of our holy Father Saint Benedict (+547).
And it was in the uncompleted abbey church that these two young men were received as Benedictine monks on 16 May 1948 in the hands of the Right Rev Abbot Adelbert van Duin.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
From:  "Alfredo Montiel Bezara" <amontielb@telcel.net.ve
Date:   Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:27:54 -0400
Gracias Ladislao,
Estamos pendiente en reunirnos de nuevo,
Saludos,
Alfredo.
-----Mensaje original-------------------------------------------- De: laszlo kertesz   [mailto:kertesz11@yahoo.com]
Enviado el: Sábado, 18 de Marzo de 2006 07:10 p.m.
Dear Alfredo,
I have just downloaded your email.
I have not had time to do it before.
Hope that by next week we can get together for dinner here in Caracas.
God Bless
Ladislao
------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfredo Montiel Bezara  <amontielb@telcel.net.ve> wrote:
Oscar, de tanto en tanto, me cuenta de los MSB boys, recientemente de Salvador y por supuesto del buen amigo Ladislao siempre esta pendiente de los old MSB boys.
Me alegra saber de Edgar, Salvador y nos enviás fotos del Jouve Morning de la Savannah !!! y no dejes de escribirnios de vuelta con nombres y los respectivos e-mail.
Saludos Cordiales
Alfredo.
-----Mensaje original---------------------------------------------
De: Moffie, Edgar [mailto:EMoffie@hanover-co.com]
Enviado el: Miércoles, 15 de Febrero de 2006 01:27 p.m.
Old friends,
This is just to remind you all that a better carnival than the one from TT I don´t think there is another.
I´ll be there on the 20th.
Will be visiting Mount and some of the old friends we still have up the hill.
Hope I can send you all pictures
Regards
Edgar
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nicholas de Verteuil
16:13 (3 hours ago)
Ladislao,
I retired from BHP Billiton Petroleum in February 2009, and moved from Bogotá, Colombia, where I was V.P. and Country Manager, to the USA.
My wife, Simone (nee Seheult) and I now live in Georgetown, Texas.
We are located in Central Texas just north of Austin.
Eion O'Connor, to whom I have CCd this note, lives in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
I believe that "Middle Bhaaji" is located in Ancaster, Ontario, Canada, but I am not sure on that.
Best wishes,
Nicholas "Meow" de Verteuil
109 Old Blue Mountain Lane
Georgetown, Texas 78633
----------------------------------------------------------------------
David De Verteuil te ha enviado un mensaje a través de Facebook...‏
Sent:  Sat 1/17/09 3:28 PM
Yes, I am getting the Circulars Ladislao, Thanks.
I was at Mount from 1955 to 1960, a member of Parrot Troop and played the bugle in the Scout Band.
I spent a lot of time up in the bush all over Mt. Tabor,   studying and catching snakes, tarantulas, trap door spiders and scorpions, sometimes putting them in the terrarium kept in the science lab for a while.
------------------------------------------
Alan De Verteuil te ha enviado un mensaje a través de Facebook...‏
Sent:    Wed 1/21/09 8:24 PM
Hi,
I believe that the pilot was Alistair - but my brothers would know better - Ian, Maurice, David and Michael all went to MSB.
They are all on Facebook - why don't you look them up.
Alan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nigel P. Boos <nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca>
Saturday, April 12, 2008 2:42:13 AM
Last night, we were treated to a wonderful documentary presentation at the William Doo Auditorium of the U. of Toronto. It was called "JAB", and was produced and directed by Alex De Verteuil (MSB Class of '59).
The story is based upon the little village of Paramin in the hills above Port of Spain, in Maraval, where people live in peace and tranquillity, growing their vegetables and ground provisions, and where Kootoo, the star of the film, is a local character preparing to lead his merry band of local young men, disguised as "Jabs" or Blue Devils into the city, for the Carnival celebrations.
I strongly encourage everyone to see this 46 minute film, as it highlights an unknown cultural phenomenon of T&T which has been with us for many years, but which is still not fully understood, not even by Trinidadians. 
Alex and his Co-Producer, Elizabeth Topp, should be congratulated for his effort in capturing the art form on film before, as seems inevitable, the progress of modernism takes away the fun and excitement of Blue Devil 'Mas.
--------------------------------------------------------------
EDITED by Ladislao Kertesz,  kertesz11@yahoo.com,  if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
87UN0002JUBILEUM p1
53UN0010SCOUTS, Lots of UNKNOWNS
17NC0002NCHWFE, Neil Charles and wife in INDIA
14LK3848FBGMC, Garth Mcalpin






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments have been enabled. Enter your comment in the box below by name, Google identity, or anonymously. It will be posted after I have approved it to avoid spamming.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.