Saturday 15 July 2017

Circular No 819






Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 15 July 2017 No. 819
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
------------------------------------------------------------
Carnival 1957 Versus 2017
ANTONI MICKIEWICZ <amickiew@att.net>
Jul 18 at 11:13 AM
Trinidad Carnival - What a difference 60 years make….1957 version that I attended in my second year at MSB versus the 2017 version.
By the way…did not see you in the 2017 carnival video….suspect that it might be different for your sons, and/or daughters and/or grands
REFLECTION: BORING THEN.......SUPER EXCITING NOW.......WHAT DO YOU THINK?
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
De: "John Pereira" <jaebp@hotmail.com>
Fecha: 10 Jan 21:47 (PST)
Asunto: Greetings from the Mount
Hi Ladislao,
I hope that all is well with you!
Thanks once again for your work with the newsletter.
We continue to enjoy them at the Abbey!
I am sending you a few articles about my recent Abbatial blessing.
These were published in the Catholic News.
Yours truly,
Fr Abbot
----------------------------------------------------------------
From: Patrick Devaux <pdevauxchubb@hotmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 3, 2004 9:35PM
Subject: Abbey School old pictures.
Allo Ladislao,
Thank you very much for your e-mail and very happy new year to you and your family.
As I mention to you earlier on, I left Mount in 1966 and came to Montreal since.
I am working for Chubb Sécurity, a worldwide security company.
I started in 1967 and now I am working as a sales representative.
I was born in Martinique in 1948, came to the Mount from 1960 to 1966 and then left to Montreal.
My nick name at the Mount was "Pin head"; you will see me on the class picture, standing in the middle row, completely on the left side right under the open window.
On the tennis picture, I am sitting on ?????
I don't remember his name????? shoulders, front row.
On the scout band I am playing the drum, 2nd row left.
I really like looking at this old pictures, I hope you can get a lot more.
I would really enjoy getting pictures between 1960 to 1966, my good time at the Mount.
Thank you Ladislao and once more "Happy new Year".
Patrick Devaux, (Pin Head).
(The rest of the photos shall be sent in the next circular)
---------------------------------------------------------------
From: Patrick.Devaux@chubbsecurity.com
Date: 15 Dec 17:22 (PST)
Allo Laszlo,
My name is Patrick, most of you must know me as "PINHEAD", I was at the Mount from 1962 to 1966 and then left to Montreal.
I have been living here since and I enjoy it very much.
I am happy married with three children.
I am working for a security company since 1967, I am a sales representative selling security alarm equipments, video systems and access control.
I was very happy looking at all this nice pictures taking at the Mount, what a souvenir.
In the next few days I will e-mail you a picture of myself "Before" and "Now" so some of you will remember who I am.
Thank you for a job well done,
Regards,
Patrick Devaux.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Richard Anderson <tropicgreen@hotmail.com>
Sent: Friday, January 9, 2004 10:30PM
Dear Ladislao,
Many thanks for your Christmas greeting to my family and I, we send you and yours a belated Merry Christmas and very happy and prosperous New Year.
I thank you for all your efforts with the newsletter and all the wonderful pics that we all enjoy so much.
It is so wonderful to hear about all the guys that I went to school with & shared such wonderful years growing up,.
I read the circulars and when I come across a name that I remember I get such a great feeling a feeling that is difficult to explain, only to say it feels great, especially to hear about how well their lives have turned out and how proud they are of their families.
I live in Orlando, Florida,
I am married to Margaret nee: Fitzwilliam daughter of Peter & the late Evelyn all from Trinidad.
We will be married for 20 years next month.
We have two boys Christian 14yrs & Jonathan 10.
Margaret is a paralegal for a large legal firm here in Orlando.
I have my own Business for the pass 15years,
A landscape company we do design and installation work for landscaping & Irrigation, as well as landscape lighting.
Christian and Jonathan are in Catholic School and doing very well.
I will be in touch with you soon.
I spoke to Michael Darwent, who I got to find out is one of the first students at mount one of our older old boys.
Wishing all the old Boys and especially old friends a very happy New Year.
Richard Anderson
--------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Charleen Ross" <oilfield7@telus.net>
Date: 11 Dec 10:51 (PST)
Hi:
My friends in Perth, Australia, tell me that they already receive your Circulars, and that you do a great job!
Best Wishes to you and yours for Christmas and the New Year.
Charleen
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Seheult, Mac –
My wife (Cathy) and I live in Houston where I am employed as Manager of Technology Support for Kelco Oil Field Group.
We have six kids between us, three on either side from previous marriages, and they are all out of the house..Yes!!
All but two are married; two boys from my side of the team, and we have four grad-kids (two and two), however I refuse to be called "Granddad"..
I am not THAT old. Our hobbies are travel, golf and boating.
We spend weekends on our boat in the Galveston area where we are building our retirement home although we do not plan nor can we afford to retire now.
It would be great to see the old boys from MSB.
Look me up in the Houston phone book if you are passing through.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------.
28-03-2017 Charles Neil: #2 is not Ian Gomes, but I do remember him, but not his name Tony gangoo He died a long time ago Saint Vincent and the grenadine island s Are great to sail, get tomaselli down there
28-03-2017 Coscarart Salvador: He is in England now. He moved from Spain.
30-03-2017 Charles Neil: Salvador, how are u feeling? he moved to England ,he is closer to us now, right across the pond
30-03-2017 Coscarart Salvador: Yeap , just right there. I am feeling ok . Could be better. But just taking things slowly and one step at the time.
30-03-2017 Charles Neil: Time heals,u have been through a lot.just take it easy
30-03-2017 Coscarart Salvador: Besides Father Peters, Mr Mark and Father Theo.I recognize Dos Ramos.> Guess who ?
30-03-2017 Alfredo Montiel Bezara: Salvador !!!
30-03-2017 Coscarart Salvador: Hola Fofeo. Como estas tu y familia.
30-03-2017 Ramsahai Winston 99: The Mount had the perfect slim diet
30-03-2017 Zanelli Victor: I recognize my brother, Enrique Zanelli. Salvador at his right.
30-03-2017 Coscarart Salvador: Asi es. Jajajaja
30-03-2017 Zanelli Victor: 50 years later. Amazing. Zanelli and Coscarat.
31-03-2017 Ramsahai Winston: God is constantly providing and working miracles through you and for you by His Spirit (see Gal 3:5). Receive His inexhaustible supply today!
31-03-2017 Cantore Oscar: Amen
31-03-2017 Allen Keith: Amen. Have a blessed day brothers
31-03-2017 Moffie Edgar: Amen....
31-03-2017 Coscarart Salvador: Amen. Awesome judge.
01-04-2017 Gomes Ian: FIFA to replay match between Trinidad and Tobago due to poor refereeing. Referee fined and banned from several matches.
02-04-2017 Cantore Oscar: Put the pics in The right sense sal
02-04-2017 Zanelli Victor: Buenos tiempos de Aqualads. Saludos Salvador. Salvador, la mujer que está detrás tuyo en el carril 4, es la misma que está detrás mío en el carril 5. What a coincidence.
02-04-2017 Coscarart Salvador: Ella era una time keeper.
02-04-2017 Zanelli Victor: El del carril 4 eres tú o tu hermano Pedro?
02-04-2017 Coscarart Salvador: Pedro en el cuatro, Johnny Garcia en tres y yo en 2
02-04-2017 Zanelli Victor: Salud Cheers from Chile.
02-04-2017 Coscarart Salvador: Cheers hnito.,Un abrazo
02-04-2017 Ramsahai Winston: San Diego
02-04-2017 Ladislao: Nice looking and homely This could have been our Abbey
02-04-2017 Moffie Edgar: You said it.....yes it could have been our Abbey....It's very homely...
04-04-2017 (813) 440-0251: what the hell!!!
04-04-2017 Berment Joseph: Ron, I can't believe it. Hasn't the picture being doctored?
05-04-2017 Ramsahai Winston: Expect God's favor, health, provision and peace today!
05-04-2017 Allen Keith: D untouchables Eleot
06-04-2017 Coscarart Salvador: <imagen omitida> 1970 Ford Torino Combertible.
06-04-2017 (813) 440-0251: you could done the film with Clint Eastwood... jajaja
06-04-2017 Alfredo Montiel Bezara: Very interesting !! In what year was the Queens visit to T&T ?
06-04-2017 Fr. Imash: Must have been early / mid 1960's when we were still civilized
06-04-2017 Alfredo Montiel Bezara: I do remember Eric Williams and the Chancelor .....at Queens Park Savanna ....1967 !
06-04-2017 Kenny Azizul: 1962
08-04-2017 Joseph Habib: Good thing for all those lonely guys out there. Lol
10-04-2017 Kenny Azizul: Hey sal great video is that a nike glasses
10-04-2017 Coscarart Salvador: Thank you Azizul, hope you enjoyed it
10-04-2017 Moffie Edgar: I guess that's your boat..... jajaja....
------------------------------------------
EDITED by Ladislao Kertesz,  kertesz11@yahoo.com,  if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include.
---------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
17LK4478FBRDA, Roland D´abadie
60GI0009QUEENPARK, Queen´s park hotel
09LK4028FBJLEFAM, Robert Julian Lee and family
70SC0001VENEZ, need names






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments have been enabled. Enter your comment in the box below by name, Google identity, or anonymously. It will be posted after I have approved it to avoid spamming.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.